We all know the most common winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding or ice skating. But there are plenty of wacky sports out there if you want something a little different.
The most curious winter sports
- Snow Kayaking: can also be done in dunes, if you prefer warmer environments. You only need the same tools as in its most common version, the kayak and the paddles, and a snowy slope to descend.
- Snowsurfing: there are two aspects, one of them combines surfing and the other windsurfing with snow. So the biggest difference between the two is that in one the board has a sail and in the other it doesn't, which makes it very reminiscent of snowboarding.
- Downhill Ice Cross: the fastest sport in the world, the participants of these ice races descend through complicated circuits on skates, with hockey-specific protections, reaching 50km.
- Yukigassen: The Japanese Snowball War, each team consists of seven players who throw snowballs at each other in this free-for-all. Now it has become a very popular sport, especially in Northern Europe.
- Skijöring: this sport is based on a horse, a dog or dogs, or a motor vehicle pulling a person who slides on skis. It used to be a typical means of transportation in Scandinavia and Alaska.
- Wok Racing: It has been developed a lot in Germany, as television entertainment, the name is because the contraption on which the participants slide is a Chinese wok.